I had a good rythme going with my blog posts, one or two a week, a few with pictures, the topics flowed easily and I got a kick out of writing them!
I had good intentions to keep blogging through the summer, and in fact no real distractions as we are not away on holiday yet and I did not have to prepare a bunch of posts to run automatically. So what happened? here are a few reasons why I did not add anything to my blog over the last weeks.
- Contact with colleagues dried up – it may sound strange to you – as writing is by its nature solitary, but as my fellow coaches went on holiday my talks with them dried up and inspiration failed. I did not know I used your ideas so often, guys!
- It was too hot – yes we have had hot days here in Noord Holland – and when its hot the urge to sit behind the computer fails me – especially in the afternoon when I have to pull down the blinds to block the sun from my office.
- It was too wet – as the rain fell, it seemed to wash the inspiration right out of me!
- School ended and my time has been taken up ferrying my daughter here and there.
- My daughter went away to visit a friend in Zeeland for a few days, and I needed to look after our pony.
- My daughter went away to visit a friend in zeeland for a few days and I needed to socialise with my friends.
- My daughter came back from Zeeland went away with her pony for a week to pony camp and with no daughter or pony I felt bereft!
- Having no daughter or pony meant I threw myself into gardening tasks.
- Having no daughter or pony meant I cleaned the house from top to bottom.
- having got back daughter and pony I can procrastinate no longer and need to get back into a rythme!
Here’s hoping this works. oh and I am not co-dependent on my daughter, or her pony, I’m not, I’m not!